Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Name is Ashley...and Im a Maxxinista


As a young woman who has a love for fashion, it definitely can cost a pretty penny. I have learn you can still be stylist and in season without BREAKING THE BANK!!!! I am witness to this because I AM A MAXXINISTA!!! Here is my story.
In my sophomore year of college, I took a Introduction to business course. My love for fashion became stronger because I was able to apply fashion in many different assignments and projects. I have always shopped at TJ Maxx and Marshalls but once I completed a presentation for my intro to business class both stores became my regulars. The project was to create a power point presentation on anything that has to do with business. Earlier in the semester, we learned that when owning a business, it is best that you make sure your business applies to the four p's of marketing for long term success. So in learning this, I put it in my mind and locked it up. I told myself If or when I open up a high-end shoe store I would make sure my business applies to this when it comes to my marketing strategy. 
I was interested in learning more about it so I decided to do my presentation on Applying the four P's of marketing to the TJX Companies. The TJX Companies consist of TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Winners, Style Sense, and Home Sense. The four P's of marketing are  Product, Promotion, Place (distribution) and Price. I applied each p in four different categories.

1) PRODUCT - The Foundation
*Scenic Beauty (Display)
*Features
*Style
*Brand Name
*Product Quality

The Product Brands include:
Ralph Lauren
Juicy Couture
Michael Kors
Coach 
Steve Madden
Jessica Simpson
Guess
BCBG
Calvin Klein
and MANY MORE!!!

2) Place (Distrubution)
Inventory: TJX companies shipments are every Tuesday in the early A.M.
The stores are always stocked with stylish and new clothes
Convenient Location: Majority of cities have either a TJ Maxx or Marshalls on each side of town.

3) Promotion
*Publicity 
*Advertisement
*Sales Promotion
AND...........

LAYAWAY
-TJX Companies provide a layaway payment plan for those customers who are not ready to buy completely but would like to pay it off within 30 days. (Clearance and Jewelry are not included).

4) Price
"Get the max for minimum"
"More designers for less"

*TJX companies pride themselves on what they stand for. That is being able to to have some fashion and decorative sense without breaking the bank or your pockets.
*You are able to walk into the store and purchase majority of the name brand items that you see in department stores for 50% to 80% off. This makes a big difference from buying the same exact products from boutiques and department stores.

When creating this presentation it made me realize that I can pull off $50.00 outfit to make it look like a high-end designer ensemble by shopping at the TJX Companies. I love being in style and fashionable, without paying a arm and a leg. That's why I am a Maxxinista.  




    




No comments:

Post a Comment